评论 加入收藏 错误报告
1. We can see _____ full moon on the evening of August ____ 15th every year.
A. the; a B. a;a C. a;the D. the;the
2. The school days are busy enough, yet the Taylors try hard to fit as much as possible _____ their kids' lives.
A. in B. into C. on D. at
3. All the students in Class 5 will climb the mountain if it _______ rain tomorrow.
A. won't B. don't C. didn't D. doesn't
4. It is reported that more new teaching buildings ___ in our school in the next term. A.will be built B. was built C. has built D. will build
5. Please don't forget ________ the room while I am away in Beijing.
A. clean B. to clean C. cleaned D. cleaning
6. ---- Excuse me. Could you tell me ___________?
---- Yes, There is a video shop next to the tall building.
A. where can I buy some CDs B. where I can buy some CDs
C. when can I buy some CDs D. when I can buy some CDs
7. Disney is an amusement park _____you can find all the normal attractions and Disney movies and characters.
A. which B. where C. that D. when
8. ____ you ever ____to Singapore, a wonderful place to take a holiday?
A. Have, been B. Have, gone C. Did, go D. Do, go
9.---- Did you know how the most popular drink in the world, tea, _____ 3000 years ago?
A. invented B. has invented
C. was invented D. is invented
10. Everything ______be OK with the help of the people throughout the country though we have suffered a lot from the earthquake.
A. can B. must C. may D. will
11. Last night there _____ only one bed and two tables left in the room.
A. were B was C. had D. have
12. The days we look forward to _______ at last.
A. coming B. came C. comes D. be coming
13. He was made ______ for the lost book, which was bought from the library last week.
A. paid B. to pay C. pay D. paying
14. I hear that John is going to Paris next month, _________?
A. doesn't he B. don't I C. do I D. isn't he
15. He's just _________ time ________ the basketball match.
A. in, with B. on, by C. in, for D. on, to
16. The little boy was frightened when he heard the _________ of a motorbike.
A. sound B. voice C. cry D. shout
17. Nobody in _________ right senses would play such a silly joke.
A. their B. his C. her D. one's
18.It's no good ________ like that.
A. to talk B. talking C. talked D. talk
19. My idea ________ to be true.
A. turned out B. turned on C. turned off D. turned up
20. -May I speak to Lucy?
-This is ________ speaking.
A. her B. she C. she's D. hers
One day a woman got into her car and started driving home after work. Suddenly, she saw a yellow car behind her. The 21 was a man. Wherever she drove, the young man followed her. When she 22 at the traffic lights, the yellow car stopped behind her.
The woman was afraid, so she drove 23 to the police station. She was very 24 when she found the car stopped behind her. At that time, she saw a woman outside the police station. She knew that she was a policewoman because she was wearing a police uniform. She jumped out 25 her car and ran to her. But the young man just smiled and came up to return the purse which was dropped on the street by the woman.
21. A. worker B. drover C. passenger
22. A. stop B. stops C. stopped
23. A. quickly B. easily C. happily
24. A. interested B. moved C. surprised
25. A. at B. on C. of
Alfred Nobel became a millionaire and changed the ways of mining construction，and warfare as the inventor of dynamite(炸药). On April 12,18，Alfred's brother Ludwig died of heart attack. A major French newspaper _26_ his brother for him and carried an article _27_ the death of Alfred Nobel. "The merchant of death is dead."The article read. "Dr. Alfred Nobel,who became _28 by finding ways to kill more people faster than ever before，died yesterday. "Nobel was _29_ to find out not that he had died，but that，when his time was up， he would be thought of only as one who profited from _30 and destruction.
To make sure that he was _31_ with love and respect. Nobel arranged in his _32_ to give the largest part of his money to _33_ the Nobel prizes，which would be awarded to people who made great _34_ to the causes of peace，literature，and the sciences. So _35_ ，Nobel had to die before he realized what his life was really about.
26. A. found B. misunderstood C. mistook D. judged
27. A. introducing B. announcing C. implying D. advertising
28. A. famous B. sick C. rich D. popular
29. A. upset B. anxious C. excited D. pleased
30. A. death B. disease C. trouble D. attack
31. A. repaid B. described C. supported D. remembered
32. A. book B. article C. will D. contract
33. A. establish B. form C. develop D. promote
34. A. additions B. sacrifices C. changes D. contributions
35. A. generally B. basically C. usually D. certainly
The Piano Concert
A young woman in a small German town was going to give a piano concert. Her posters said that she was a pupil of Franz Liszt, the great Hungarian pianist..
This was not true.
One day the woman learned that Liszt himself was in town. Now people would find out that, she would never be able to give a concert again . What should she do?
Finally she went to see the famous man himself. She told him everything .Her parents were dead and she was alone. She had to make a living. She decided to give piano lessons to rich children. But who would send their children to an unknown young woman? She told people that Franz Liszt was her teacher.
"I believe you," Liszt said , " You have done wrong, but I can see you are truly sorry about it. That's enough. Now let me hear you play."
The young woman was shy at first ,But then she saw Liszt smiling. It made her feel better. Now she wasn't afraid any more. She started playing .She put her heart into it and she played wonderfully, Liszt was quite pleased.
When she finished , she turned to look at Liszt. There was a smile on his face. She could see he was pleased. Then Liszt gave her some advice, After he finished , he said, " Now you really are my pupil. Go ahead with your concert. And you can add a note to the posters. Say that your teacher himself will be there. He will play the last piece."
( )36.A pupil of Franz Liszt was going to give a piano concert in a small German town before the great pianist himself came.
( )37.Franz Liszt himself went to say something to the woman about her mistake.
( )38.When the woman knew the pianist came to town, she was very worried and afraid.
( )39.In fact the woman played the piano very well.
( )40.At last Franz Liszt took the young woman as his pupil.
Mr Brown was going away for a week. Before he left, he said to his son, "if anyone asks for me, you can tell him that your father has been out for doing something, and will be back in a week, then be sure to ask him to sit down for a cup of tea."
"OK, Dad," said his son. But he was afraid his son couldn't remember this, he wrote these words down on a piece of paper and gave it to him. His son put it into his small pocket, took it out and looked at it every now and then.
Four days passed, but no one came to see his father. The boy thought that there was no man to come and that the piece of paper was of no more use for him, so he burnt it that evening.
The next afternoon, someone knocked at the door. The boy opened it. A man was standing at the door and said, "Where is your father?" The boy put his hand into his pocket at once and looked for the piece of paper. He could not find it. He suddenly remembered he had burnt it, so he shouted, "No more."
The man was very surprised. He asked, "No more? I met your father last week. When did it happen?"
"Burnt yesterday evening."
41. Mr Brown told his son that _____.
A. he would be away from home for four days B. he would be back in seven days
C. he would be back in a month D. he liked a cup of tea
42. Mr Brown wrote the words down on ________.
A. the wall B. the door C. a piece of paper D. his son's pocket
43. A man came to visit the boy's father on ________.
A. the second day B. the third day C. the fourth day D. the fifth day
44. The man was very surprised because _________.
A. he thought the child's father was dead B. the child didn't ask him to sit down
C. the child gave him a cup of tea D. he couldn't find that piece of paper
45. What was burnt? ___________.
A. The piece of paper B. Mr Smith C. The visitor D. The boy
One of the things to be learnt in a foreign language is guessing all the time what kind of thing to come when listening to someone talking. People do this all the time in their own language, so it is necessary to do this in a foreign language, too. Here are some examples.
1. "What's the matter?" "I went to a party last night, so I..."
2. "I feel so tired these days."" I think you'd better..."
3."Of course, she never stops talking. She is one of the most..."
You can see from the above three examples that the context helps a lot in understanding what is being talked about. So "guessing "is very important in understanding English, especially spoken English.
46. This passage tells us mainly about _________.
A. the importance of "guessing " in learning a foreign language
B. how to guess what one is going to talk about
C. some examples of right guessing
D. how important it is to guess all the time
47. from the context, we can see maybe the finished answer in EXAMPLE I is _________.
A. "... so I didn't have a good time." B. "...so I went to bed very late."
C. ".... So I felt unhappy." D. "... so I got up very early."
48. Maybe the finished answer in EXAMPLE 2 is ________.
A. "I think you'd better have a good rest and take good care of yourself."
B. "I think you'd better have something to drink."
C. "I think you'd better get some help from your friends."
D. "I think you'd better be more careful."
49. Maybe the finished answer in EXAMPLE 3 is ______.
A. "... she is one of the most famous film stars."
B. "...she is one of the most beautiful women."
C. "... she is one of the most famous speakers."
D. " .. she is one of the most talkative women."
50. From the passage we can infer that guessing is _______in learning a foreign language.
A. the only way
B. more important in spoken English than in written English
C. more important than any other way
D. more important in written English than in spoken English
Uncle Li and Uncle Wang are good friends. They live next to each other and their farms are both at the foot of the mountain. So they can help each other. But neither of them likes to use his head. They're both poor though they work hard. Most villagers have built new houses, but they still live in the low and broken houses. They never find out why.
Once Uncle Li went to town to buy some medicine for his wife. In the town he heard the apples in a city were expensive. He told Uncle Wang about it as soon as he went back. They decided to carry some apples to the city. They borrowed some money from their friends and bought nearly 1,000 kilograms of apples in the villages and carried them to the city on a tractor. Bad luck! A lot of apples has already been carried there when they arrived. A few days later they had to sell them at a low price.They felt unhappy and returned to their village.
"I can't understand why we sustained (蒙受) losses in business while others always profit (盈利)" Uncle Li asked one day.
"The tractor was too small " Uncle Wang said without thinking. "We'll carry more apples on a truck next time!"
" I agree!" said Uncle Li. "How foolish we were !"
51. Uncle Li and Uncle Wang live in the low and broken houses because __________.
A. they hope to save money B. they're both poor
C. their farms are at the foot of the mountain D. they're not far from their farms
52. The two farmers carried the apples to the city to _________.
A. make a journey B. visit some places of interest
C. meet their friends D. make a profit
53. the tow farmers had to sell their apples at a low price because ________.
A. theirs weren't as good as the others' B. theirs were much less than the others'
C. a lot of apples had been already carried to the city D. they forgot to carry them on a truck
54. Uncle Li and Uncle Wang were unhappy because _________.
A. they had sustained losses in business B. they had lost some money in the city
C. something was wrong with the tractor D. other people profited in the city
55. Which of the following is true?
A. The two farmers found out why they were poor. B. The two farmers will soon get rich.
C. Neither of the farmers is clever. D. The two farmers decided to buy a truck.
On Christmas Eve─the night before Christmas Day─children all over Britain put a stocking at the end of their beds before they go to sleep. Their parents usually tell them that Father Christmas will come during the night.
Father Christmas is very kind and hearted. He gets to the top of each house and climbs down the chimney into the fireplace. He fills each of the stockings with Christmas presents.
Of course, Father Christmas isn't real. In Jim and Kate's house, "Father Christmas" is really Mr Green. Mr Green doesn't climb down the chimney. He waits until the children are asleep. Then he quietly goes into their bedrooms and fills their stockings with small presents. When they were very young, Mr Green sometimes wore a red coat. But he doesn't do that now. The children are no longer young, and they know who "Father Christmas" really is. But they still put their stockings at the end of their beds.
56. Christmas Eve is __________.
A. the night of Christmas Day B. the evening of Christmas Day
C. Christmas Day D. the night before Christmas Day
57. Father Christmas often puts presents ________.
A. into children's hats B. into children's stockings
C. under children's beds D. into children's shoes
58. When the children were very young, __________.
A. they didn't know who Father Christmas was
B. they knew that Father Christmas wasn't real
C. they thought their father was Father Christmas
D. they knew who put the presents into their stockings
59. When the children are older, they __________.
A. know that Father Christmas is real
B. ask their mother to fill their stockings with presents
C. know that Father Christmas is really their father
D. know that Father Christmas is really their friend
60. Father Christmas comes into the house through the ________.
A. chimney B. back door C. front door D. window.
Have you ever studied abroad? Maybe it is an amazing experience, especially when you come to Australia as an foreign high school student. You can have a lot of fun there, especially on holidays.
There are many festivals in Australia. The most important one in Christmas .Each year, the summer holidays at every high school last about two months from the beginning of December to February ,which covers the Christmas time. Since it is a long holiday, most foreign students in Australia love to fly back to their home countries to spend the time with their families and friends, but a few students still stay in Australia during the holiday to get part-time jobs. It is quite easy to find a part-time job at Christmas. Students often take part in another major social activity. They go to the beach to have fun in the sunshine. The summer in Australia is from December to February, so going to the beach in December is very popular among Australians.
Easter in March is another important holiday in the year. It actually combines "Good Friday" and "Easter Monday" .Almost every shop closes on Good Friday. And people usually go to see Easter Show.
The Chinese new year is not a public holiday in Australia, so every Chinese student still has to go to school to study and do his or her normal duties.
Information about Australia
From 61_________________to February
The most popular activity in December
Two important holidays
The thing people usually do on Good Friday
What to do for a few foreign students in summer
before, discover , fast, in, come, watch , so, fastly, it, ago , shine, not can
Light travels at a speed which is about a million times 66. ________ than that of sound. 67. ________ one second, light travels about 300,000 kilometers, but sound travels only 340 meters. You can get some idea of this difference by 68. ________ the start of a running match. If you stand far away from the starter(发令员), you can see smoke 69.________ from his gun 70.________ the sound reaches your ears.
The fast speed of light produces some strange facts. The nearest star is 71. ________ far away that light which you can see from it tonight started to travel to you four years 72. ________ at a speed of nearly two million kilometers every minute. The light from some of tonight's started on 73. ________ journey towards you even before you were born.
So, if we want to be honest, we 74. ________ say , " The stars are shining brightly tonight." We have to say, " The stars look nice. They were 75. ________ four years ago but their light has just reached our earth. "
6 月 5 日( June 5)是世界环境保护日， 我们周围的环境变得越来越糟糕， 污染越来越严重......假如你是学生 Jone.，你校要进行"如何保护我们的环境?"专题演讲比赛，要求：(1)、举例说明环境存在的问题 1-3 方面;(2)、如 何保护好我们的环境， 采取怎样的措施， 举例 1-3 方面进行说明， 字数 80 左右。
1~5：CBDAB 6~10：BBBACD 11~15：BBBBBC 16~20：AAABAB
26. 【答案】C。【解析】因mistake A for B (将A误以为B)是固定搭配。
27. 【答案】B。【解析】由常识可知，报社应是"发布"消息，故用announce (give information about)。
28. 【答案】C。【解析】由首句became a millionaire可知。
29. 【答案】A。【解析】根据常识，看到自己本来死却报道死了这样的消息，特别是说自己通过kill more people faster来发财的评论，应当是"不高兴，苦恼(unhappy or annoyed)"，不可能是"兴奋的(excited)""高兴的(pleased)""渴望的(anxious)"。
31. 【答案】D。【解析】由后文设立奖金可知，是为了改变自我形象，要设法"被别人充满爱与尊敬地铭记(be remember with love and respect)"。
32. 【答案】C。【解析】由最后一句Nobel had to die before he realized...可知，是在"遗嘱(will)"中作的安排。
33. 【答案】A。【解析】根据与名词the Nobel prizes的搭配，又结合常识，应当是"设立"诺贝尔奖金。
34. 【答案】D。【解析】奖金应当是将给那些为世界和平、文学和科学等领域做出过巨大贡献的人。make contributions to...(对......作出贡献)是固定搭配。
36.F 37.F 38.T 39.T 40.T
41.B 42.C 43.D 44.A 45.A
46.A 47.B 48.A 49.D 50.B
51.B 52.D 53.C 54.A 55.C
56.D 57.B 58.A 59.C 60.A
61 the beginning of December
62 love to fly back to their home countries to spend the time with their families and friends
64 go to see Easter Show.
65 go to school to study and do his or her normal duties.
66.faster 67.In 68. watching 69. come 70. before
71. so 72. ago 73. Its 74. cannot 75. shining
68.介词后应接动名词，表示观看比赛应用 watch , 所以选watching。
69.see后跟不带to 的不等式，做宾语的补足语，即see sb. do 结构, 因此，选come 。
71.引导一个表结果的状语从句。 "如此 ... ... 以致于 so... that " ，下文有that 所以这里应该用so。
73."开始... ... 的旅程 on one's journey " 是固定搭配，选 its 。
74.上文已告诉我们：有的星球离我们太远，它们的光线到达我们地球需要几年的时间。因而从科学的角度讲，我们不能说"今夜星光灿烂"。选 cannot 。
As we all know,the environmemt around us is getting worse and worse .In some places, we can't see fish swimming in the river or trees on the hills. Some people even have no clean water to drink. So I think environment. we must do something to protect the environment But what can we do? How to protect our environmemt ?For example ,we can go to school on foot or by bike . we can use shopping baskets not plastic bags when we go shopping ,and we can use both sides of the paper when we write .In a word ,if In attention everyone pays more attention to our environment ,there will be less pollution and our life will be better. "There is only one earth",I hope protect everyone will protect our environment well.
☉推荐使用网际快车下载本站软件，使用 WinRAR v3.10 以上版本解压本站软件。